> My husband and I just bought a home and I need to
relocate > to a closer school. . I need some advice from my
fellow peers. > The market is tight with the abundance of
teachers . > > I interviewed this week for a position 4
miles from > our new home. The interview went over the
allotted 30 > minutes by 20 minutes .
The principal expressed a lot of enthusiasm in me and my
experience as the school I have taught in is a very tough
school -population wise.
She was impressed with my lessons that I presented. > >
During my interview I expressed to them this would be my
dream job. we moved to the area because of the diversity in
the school-system and the community. > > Now , I'm in the
waiting game. Before I left the principal asked what >
grade I would prefer to teach as there are two openings. >
> I explained I would be happy with either but leaned
toward > one grade as I have taught The grade above it .
She wrote > it in her notes smiled and said great. > > I
did not ask for a time frame .
However, the clock is > ticking as I need to let my current
school know if I am > leaving ( it would be over an hour
commute if I stay.)
I keep analyzing the interview ! > > What should I do ?
Thoughts on how it went? Thank you so much .
Side note: I interviewed at another school in the district
and didn't get it. The principal called and said I did
great and there was nothing I could improve on . That same
day he called me this principal called to set up an
Posts on this thread, including this one