If your interview was on the 3rd, it's not at all surprising
that you haven't heard yet because of the holidays. (My
district was closed completely the 4th and 5th... even if
yours was not, it's quite possible that someone involved in
the process took those days off and the process was put on
hold until his/her return.) So basically, it is as though your
interview were on a Friday... you cannot expect to hear from
them until after the weekend. My guess is, you will hear from
them Monday or Tuesday.
A thank-you email would not hurt but other than "thank you, I
look forward to hearing from you" I would just wait. I would
not mention the part about resigning from your current
district unless you have an actual, contractual deadline with
them for this Tuesday... you mentioned that the clock was
ticking but it did not sound to me like you have a firm
deadline with them, you just want to give them time. Your
principal already knows you've interviewed so he/she is aware
of the possibility. You do not need to rush things yet if
there is no deadline approaching this week; if it can wait
past Tuesday, you should wait, too. But hopefully, you will
hear by then.
On 7/05/13, Lsunshine wrote:
> > My husband and I just bought a home and I need to
> relocate > to a closer school. . I need some advice from my
> fellow peers. > The market is tight with the abundance of
> teachers . >> I interviewed this week for a position 4
> miles from > our new home. The interview went over the
> allotted 30 > minutes by 20 minutes .
> The principal expressed a lot of enthusiasm in me and my
> experience as the school I have taught in is a very tough
> school -population wise.
> She was impressed with my lessons that I presented. >>
> During my interview I expressed to them this would be my
> dream job. we moved to the area because of the diversity in
> the school-system and the community. >> Now , I'm in the
> waiting game. Before I left the principal asked what >
> grade I would prefer to teach as there are two openings. >
>> I explained I would be happy with either but leaned
> toward > one grade as I have taught The grade above it .
> She wrote > it in her notes smiled and said great. >> I
> did not ask for a time frame .
> However, the clock is > ticking as I need to let my current
> school know if I am > leaving ( it would be over an hour
> commute if I stay.)
> I keep analyzing the interview ! >> What should I do ?
> Thoughts on how it went? Thank you so much .
> Side note: I interviewed at another school in the district
> and didn't get it. The principal called and said I did
> great and there was nothing I could improve on . That same
> day he called me this principal called to set up an
Posts on this thread, including this one