I had one interview and then a second at private school in
mid-July. Both went well and everyone said great things
about me. The principal said he was interviewing one more
person that day and that there would be a quick decision.
The principal was on vaca the week after that,
the 22-26. I called Friday Aug. 2 to check on things and was
told by the person who answered the phone that they were
interviewing more people! I sent the principal a brief email
last Monday Aug. 5 just reiterating my strong interest in
the position and saying I would be happy to
provide any more information. Still nothing! Granted, this
does not look good for my team, but it is hard to completely
give up hope when you have not been given a definite "no."
If they liked me as much as they appeared to, why haven't
they offered me the job? If someone
else popped up that they like better, why don't they just
This is driving me nuts! I don't want to pester them, but
should I call again on Monday and ask to speak to the
principal himself? This is a small school, so it is not as
if there is a bureaucracy that needs to go through a long
process. Thanks in advice for any advice.
Posts on this thread, including this one