Thanks for your input. I have not recontacted them, and still have
heard nothing. This private school does not start until Sept 3,
I did get a call today inviting me to interview for a long term-
sub position (public school) starting on the first day of school
(next Monday)so it is nice to have a possible other option to
think about. If I end up just going back to day to day subbing, at
least I will be no worse off than I was last school year.
On 8/13/13, chemteach wrote:
> I'm sorry, but since school is so close to starting I have to
> say that I do not think you are still being considered for
> these jobs. Administrators would want to hire sooner than
> later so that the applicant will be processed in time. I know
> from experience that a long wait usually means they have
> decided, and its not you. They will not always give a
> definitive no, because they want to have a back up option if
> there first pick doesn't work out (like if they decide to go
> somewhere else for example). I'm saying this because it would
> be better for you to start looking elsewhere.
> On 8/10/13, anxious, need advice wrote:
>> I had one interview and then a second at private school in
>> mid-July. Both went well and everyone said great things
>> about me. The principal said he was interviewing one more
>> person that day and that there would be a quick decision.
>> The principal was on vaca the week after that,
>> the 22-26. I called Friday Aug. 2 to check on things and was
>> told by the person who answered the phone that they were
>> interviewing more people! I sent the principal a brief email
>> last Monday Aug. 5 just reiterating my strong interest in
>> the position and saying I would be happy to
>> provide any more information. Still nothing! Granted, this
>> does not look good for my team, but it is hard to completely
>> give up hope when you have not been given a definite "no."
>> If they liked me as much as they appeared to, why haven't
>> they offered me the job? If someone
>> else popped up that they like better, why don't they just
>> tell me?
>> This is driving me nuts! I don't want to pester them, but
>> should I call again on Monday and ask to speak to the
>> principal himself? This is a small school, so it is not as
>> if there is a bureaucracy that needs to go through a long
>> process. Thanks in advice for any advice.
Posts on this thread, including this one