I'm sorry, but since school is so close to starting I have to
say that I do not think you are still being considered for
these jobs. Administrators would want to hire sooner than
later so that the applicant will be processed in time. I know
from experience that a long wait usually means they have
decided, and its not you. They will not always give a
definitive no, because they want to have a back up option if
there first pick doesn't work out (like if they decide to go
somewhere else for example). I'm saying this because it would
be better for you to start looking elsewhere.
On 8/10/13, anxious, need advice wrote:
> I had one interview and then a second at private school in
> mid-July. Both went well and everyone said great things
> about me. The principal said he was interviewing one more
> person that day and that there would be a quick decision.
> The principal was on vaca the week after that,
> the 22-26. I called Friday Aug. 2 to check on things and was
> told by the person who answered the phone that they were
> interviewing more people! I sent the principal a brief email
> last Monday Aug. 5 just reiterating my strong interest in
> the position and saying I would be happy to
> provide any more information. Still nothing! Granted, this
> does not look good for my team, but it is hard to completely
> give up hope when you have not been given a definite "no."
> If they liked me as much as they appeared to, why haven't
> they offered me the job? If someone
> else popped up that they like better, why don't they just
> tell me?
> This is driving me nuts! I don't want to pester them, but
> should I call again on Monday and ask to speak to the
> principal himself? This is a small school, so it is not as
> if there is a bureaucracy that needs to go through a long
> process. Thanks in advice for any advice.
Posts on this thread, including this one